I eat chicken all the time but cooking for 1 really limits the way I prepare food. This isn’t really so much a recipe for eating chicken but this is how I prepare chicken that I add to other recipes (any time you see “fully cooked boneless skinless chicken breast”). I’m not great about thawing things out or remembering to cook meat right away so I started cooking 2 chicken breasts immediately when I get home from the store. Pretty simple stuff.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Pre-Heat oven to 350F
- Cover a cookie sheet with tin foil, place breasts onto sheet and into oven. Bake for 30-40 minutes (until juices run clear and the breast meat is white- no pink anywhere)
- Let stand and begin to cool. Then prepare or store immediately.
- Please review some basic poultry safety information if you have never cooked with raw meat before. like, seriously.
- I don’t add anything to the breasts like oil or salt because I use this chicken in other recipes- no need to bulk up the calorie count unnecessarily. It will have plenty of flavor in the other recipes.
- I generally cut up one breast for chicken salad immediately and save the other for spaghetti squash throughout the week.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge.