School Day Breakfast
I make an effort to pack my day full of protein and I always like to start with an egg if possible but whatever I make needs to be quick and easy to prepare and clean up. This is what I will eat most mornings- I add variety by changing up the seasonings but for the most part this is it- and I’m not sick of it yet!
- 1 Egg
- Greek Yogurt or Milk
- 1 slice swiss cheese (extra thin or halved if thick)
- English Muffin, Toasted
- Favorite Seasonings
- In a microwave safe bowl combine the egg and greek yogurt. Beat until smooth and thick.
- Microwave Egg for 20 seconds. Remove and add seasonings, mix well. Microwave for an additional 20 seconds, remove and stir well. Top with cheese and return to microwave for 3-5 seconds.
- Make sandwich by putting egg between toasted english muffin. Serve with Fruit and glass milk/water
- Microwaves are tricky so you might need to experiment until you get the consistency you want out of your egg
- If it seems like the egg is sticking to the bowl- add a spritz on non-stick spray before you beat the egg. I fill the bowl with water while I eat to let it soak and then toss the bowl into the dish washer right away
- My go-to seasoning is garlic and onion powder. Sometimes I add Chia seeds. You could also add chicken, salsa, any of your favorite egg pairings!