Raspberry Chicken Salad
This one is based on a recipe from a Casey’s Deli near my parent’s house. I was addicted to this stuff in high school but I was completely devastated when I realized how fattening it was. It’s so good I just cant live without it so I had to make my own recipe. The honest truth is that this one is nothing like the original but I really like it anyway!
- Rasberries, small handful
- fully cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- fat-free greek yogurt
- sliced raw almonds
- grapes, halved
- avocado, cubed
- cinnamon, dash
- 1 Tbsp dill
- celery, chopped
- craisens [optional]
- salt & pepper to taste
- in a bowl mash raspberries with a fork until all chunks are gone
- stir yogurt into raspberry mash until fully combined
- mix in chicken, almonds, grapes, cinnamon, dill, celery, craisens, salt and pepper
- gently fold in avocado cubes- be sure they are well covered by yogurt to prevent browning
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge
- It will keep for about a week
- eat it however you normally enjoy your chicken salad- alone, on crackers, on a sandwich or a wrap.
- When I want something that feels extra home made I put it on a piece of toast with swiss cheese. mmmm.